Dia daoibh! Cillian once again at your service! I hope all is well for you and yours. Today I am sharing with you a teaching on the gemstone Prehnite. I hope you enjoy!
Prehnite is a powerful and also beautiful stone of green, yellow, white and brown colors. This gemstone is relatively easy to hunt down (however, it used to be rare until pockets were found outside of South Africa- namely, Germany, France, Canada, India, Australia, and the United States). This ancient stone is an inosilicate mineral made of calcium and aluminium, sometimes consisting of iron as well.
Chemical Formula: Ca2Al2Si3O12(OH)
Energy Flow (Projective or Receptive): Sources vary, some say projective while others say receptive. I personally feel this stone is highly versatile with its energy flow and can be used both ways depending on your focused intent.
Deities associated: Freyja (Norwegian), Venus (Roman) and Aphrodite (Greek).
Magickal correspondences: Unconditional love, self love, decluttering, overcoming agoraphobia as well as claustrophobia, healing, healing the healer, long distance healing, overcoming trauma and healing the wounds caused by said trauma, shamanic work, hedge riding, seeing into the future, divination, preparation, inner peace, inner light, inner master, higher awareness, protection, strengthening bond and connection with nature, releasing that which doesn’t serve you, overcoming hoarding, Angel and Angelic realm work, enriching your bond with the Divine, banishing nightmares, empowering you to overcome addictions, bad habits and phobias. Prehnite also aids in the recall of dreams and dream work in general, understanding the truth vs illusions and emotion-based cognition, easing intense moods and soothing anxiety, justice, order, balance, grounding, shielding, hyperactivity, ADHD symptoms, sensitivity, sincerity and women coping in a male-dominated work setting.
Body Systems/ Medical and Psychiatric Conditions this stone may benefit: Urinary tract- kidneys, ureters, bladder and ureter. Prehnite also may benefit the thymus gland, the bones, muscles, tissues, vascular structures and nerves of the shoulders and chest. Pulmonary system- specifically the lungs. Gout, hematological illnesses, connective tissues and cancers may also be eased, soothed or otherwise healed with the help of Prehnite.
*Please don’t ever substitute medical attention from a qualified health professional with witchy/spiritual work. While our spiritual and magickal workings are powerful and effective we should never neglect medical attention or modern science. I am in no way giving you medical advice.
Primary elemental power flow: Earth.
Astrological signs: Virgo, other sources say Libra.
Celestial Bodies: Venus.
Herbs, Flowers, Trees, Oils and Minerals: Clover, lavender, peppermint, almond blossom, moss, bergamot and thyme.
Numerical vibration: 5.
Chakra(s): The 3rd main chakra, Manipura (Solar Plexus) and the 4th main chakra, Anahata (Heart).
Ideas on how to use Prehnite in your practice:
- Use along with selenite and black tourmaline in an energy grid around your home. Place alternating pieces along the perimeter of the home (inside and out) and even each room if you have enough! Prehnite is protective and can help prevent burglaries.
- Dedicate a piece of prehnite to healing, trauma and shadow work then wear it or carry it with you to help you ground and shield when you’re experiencing symptoms. Also, I highly suggest wearing or keeping it on you during therapy sessions.
- Use on a Deity Altar/Shrine/etc for the related Deities.
- Use under the pillow for dream magick.
- Place on the solar plexus and heart during meditation and energy work on the body, mind, soul and spirit.
- Connecting with the Earth as a whole, helping her heal and transcend to the 4th and 5th dimensions.
- Use in a ritual to empower you to love yourself and to be better able to clearly identify your needs, wants and boundaries so that you can assert and protect your boundaries and care for yourself.
- Wear as earrings to help you hear the truth and not what you want to hear or cloud with judgments and emotional thinking.
This has been Prince Cillian, as always, at your service.