Dia daoibh! Cillian once again at your service! I hope all is well for you and yours. Today I am sharing with you a teaching on the gemstone Fluorite. I hope you enjoy it and that it empowers your personal practice.
Fluorite can be found naturally across the world in places such as Norway, Germany, China, South Africa, France, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, Britain and the central region of North America.
Chemical Formula: CaF₂
Energy Flow (Projective or Receptive) (Yin or Yang): Projective, Yang.
Deities associated: Vac (Hindu), Itzpapalotl (Aztec).
Magickal correspondences: Activation and awakenings, astral travel and the astral realm, dream work, boosting energy, grounding and balancing, concentration and other matters of the mind, divination, intuition and psychic abilities, luck, success in business, Shadow work and other types of personal healing, clear and effective communication, enhancing creativity and innovation, happiness, vitality, motivation, strength, trust, determination, beginnings, self discipline, emotions, achieving goals, illuminating that which hides in the dark, overall well-being and improvement. Fluorite is also a strong choice if you are looking for a protective stone and it is able to cleanse, open and align all chakras.
Body Systems/ Medical and Psychiatric Conditions this stone may benefit: Fluorite is a wonderful choice if you are dealing with mental health issues, coping with uncomfortable symptoms related to neurodivergence (think ADHD, autism, etc), calming anxiety and other intense emotional states. Fluorite is also a powerful option for self healing and work on the Shadow aspect of ourselves, illuminating what we try to hide or run from so we can process and heal.
*Please don’t ever substitute medical attention from a qualified health professional with witchy/spiritual work. While our spiritual and magickal workings are powerful and effective we should never neglect medical attention or modern science. I am in no way giving you medical advice. I am a health care provider, however, I am NOT a medical doctor so I am not qualified to diagnose or treat.
Primary elemental power flow: Water and Earth
Astrological signs: Pisces, Gemini, Aquarius and Capricorn.
Celestial Bodies: Mercury and Neptune.
Metals: Mercury (quicksilver) and electrum (Mercury), lead (Earth), copper, silver and lodestone (Water) Cobalt (Neptune).
Numerical vibration: 2, 9 and 77 depending on the type of Fluorite.
Chakra(s): Third Eye. Green Fluorite associates with the Heart chakra and purple Fluorite resonates with the Crown chakra.
Ideas on how to use Fluorite in your practice:
- Especially if you are an empath (but even if you aren’t) Fluorite is a powerful stone that helps you determine what energetic clutter is yours and what is coming from other people. This will help you process the feelings the energy creates and the experience as a whole so you can release that which you don’t need to hold onto and find peace. Wear some on you or hold some when you’re feeling bombarded.
- Use fluorite while studying, in class or doing any type of learning as it vibrates with powerful energies that can help you focus, understand and retain the information you’re working with. Wear on you while taking tests too.
- Use in a spell to illuminate deception or simply unknowns that you would like clarity on.
- Wear on you or keep under your pillow or near the head of the bed to help with astral travel while sleeping as well as general dream magic.
- Wear on you when your chakras are especially whacky for stabilization and free flowing of their energy.
- Fluorite is also a great stone for helping you let go of what doesn’t serve you so you can use it in a spell or ritual to release.
This has been Cillian, as always, at your service.
“Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences” written by Sandra Kynes.
“The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide To Crystals” written by Judy Hall.
“Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic” written by Scott Cunningham.