Dia daoibh! Cillian once again at your service! I hope all is well for you and yours. Today I am sharing with you a teaching on the gemstone Jet. I hope you enjoy it!
Jet is unique in the sense that it isn’t truly a gemstone, it’s classified as a mineraloid! Mineraloids are like minerals without the formation of crystals. Jet forms when tree wood fossilizes and it often shares visual characteristics of coal. Jet can be found worldwide and is easily obtained across the United States of America. Other names for Jet include Black Amber.
Chemical Formula: Highly variable, however, all have potent amounts of carbon.
Energy Flow (Projective or Receptive) (Yin or Yang): Receptive, Yin.
Deities associated: Dôn (Welsh), Danu (Irish), Cybele (Roman), Njord (Norwegian) and Pan (Greek).
Full Moons | Esbats: Wolf Moon (January), Blood Moon (October), Snow Moon (November) and the Cold Moon (December).
Season and/or Sabbat: Autumn, Samhain.
Magickal correspondences: Death, the afterlife, ancestors, past incarnations, endings, darkness, Shadow Self and Shadow Work, transformation, psychic abilities, divination, emotions, grounding, balance, subduing illogical or otherwise unfounded fears, coping with general fear, anxiety, depression and grief, combat nightmares, healing in general, spiritual awakenings and growth, enhance connection with the Divine, Guides, Angels, etc, boosting altered states of consciousness, astral travel and other forms of world walking, destroying hexes and cord cutting, enhancing and protecting community, justice, honor, problem solving, increasing luck or changing bad luck, receptive energy work, protection, financial security and business success, travel and storm magick.
Body Systems/ Medical and Psychiatric Conditions this stone may benefit: Jet may help calm, soothe and heal the symptoms and scars of mental illnesses. Jet may also help reduce inflammatory processes throughout the body and ease pain due to inflammation. Jet may also help alleviate pain due to menstruation, gastrointestinal issues and migraines. Some sources say Jet may also be beneficial for people who live with a seizure disorder and may also help treat the common cold.
*Please don’t ever substitute medical attention from a qualified health professional with witchy/spiritual work. While our spiritual and magickal workings are powerful and effective we should never neglect medical attention or modern science. I am in no way giving you medical advice. I am a health care provider, however, I am NOT a medical doctor so I am not qualified to diagnose or treat.
Primary elemental power flow: Water and Earth.
Astrological signs: Capricorn.
Celestial Bodies: Saturn and Pluto.
Days of the Week: Saturday.
Numerical vibration: 8.
Chakra(s): Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus.
Tarot: The Devil.
Ideas on how to use Jet in your practice:
- Hold or wear Jet while exercising your psychic senses for an added boost in opening you up.
- Jet is also amazing at latching onto negative energies and extracting them, so use Jet to suck up negative energies in your home, office, school, etc and then cleanse it for reuse. *Cleanse often!!!!!
- Place in the Wealth corner of your house using Feng Shui and a Bagua Map.
- Keep a piece in your wallet, piggy bank or coin jar to draw in wealth and hold onto it.
- Keep a piece with anything associated with money for your business. If you have a physical location and a cash box, pop a piece in there. Keep near the company credit card or POS transaction device.
- Many believe that Jet, once a bond has formed with a person, shouldn’t be given away and should be taken especially good care of as Jet merges with your soul and becomes a part of you. Because of this, you can also use Jet to symbolize you in a self healing ritual in place of a poppet.
This has been Cillian, as always, at your service.
“Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences” written by Sandra Kynes.
“The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide To Crystals” written by Judy Hall.