Dia daoibh! Cillian once again at your service! I hope all is well for you and yours. Today I am sharing with you a teaching on the gemstone Aragonite. I hope you enjoy it and that it empowers your personal practice.
This gemstone can be easily found and is native to Namibia, Spain and Britain.
Chemical Formula: CaCO3
Energy Flow (Projective or Receptive) (Yin or Yang): Projective and receptive, Yang and Yin.
Deities associated: Earth Deities.
Magical correspondences: Acceptance, truth, support, confidence, coping with stress, introspection and shadow work, purification, nurturing, grounding, enchantment, balance and tranquility. Blue Aragonite also corresponds to compassion, self healing and personal growth.
Body Systems/ Medical and Psychiatric Conditions this stone may benefit: This gemstone may help with circulation, grounding intense emotional states, chills, may aid in the absorption of calcium in your skeletal system and can restore the elasticity of spinal discs. The immune system may be boosted by the use of this stone and can help in the imbalance of vitamins A and D.
*Please don’t ever substitute medical attention from a qualified health professional with witchy/spiritual work. While our spiritual and magickal workings are powerful and effective we should never neglect medical attention or modern science. I am in no way giving you medical advice. I am a health care provider, however, I am NOT a medical doctor so I am not qualified to diagnose or treat.
Astrological signs: Capricorn.
Numerical vibration: 9.
Chakra(s): Root, Sacral and Crown. Blue Aragonite corresponds to the Heart, Throat and Third Eye.
Metals: Gold (because of its association with Earth’s Sun), lead and mercury (because of its association with Earth), copper, silver, mercury and lodestone (because of its association with Water), tin, aluminum and mercury (because of its association with Air).
Elements: Water and Air. Other sources say Earth.
Celestial Bodies: Earth’s Sun and Earth.
Ideas on how to use Aragonite in your practice:
- Great for grounding, hold onto a piece while grounding and shielding yourself and then carry in your pocket or wear as jewelry to continue your grounding work.
- This stone is wonderful for earth magic and healing of the earth. It is capable of remedying leyline issues around the world.
- A great choice to hold onto while doing a meditation to revisit your child self, especially if you had a difficult or traumatic childhood. Use this stone to heal your child self and therefore your current self.
- Wear or carry with you to court for the truth to shine through.
- Wear or carry on when you need to have clear perception, when illusions are clouding your sight.
This has been Cillian, as always, at your service.
“Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences” written by Sandra Kynes.
“Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic” written by Scott Cunningham.
“The Crystal Bible” written by Judy Hall.