Dia daoibh! Cillian once again at your service! I hope all is well for you and yours. Today I am sharing with you a teaching on the gemstone Apatite. I hope you enjoy it!
Apatite is a stunning gemstone that comes in a variety of colors including blues, greens, yellows and golds. Sometimes Apatite can also be found in a near clear, white, purple, gray, reddish-brown or brownish-clear hue. Depending on the color, Apatite’s abilities shift a bit. This stone can be found across the globe in locations such as: Norway, Russia, Germany, Canada, United States, South Africa, Mexico, Burma (also known as Myanmar), India, Sri Lanka, Kenya and Madagascar.
Chemical Formula: Ca5(PO4)3(Cl/F/OH)
Energy Flow (Projective or Receptive): Projective.
Deities associated: Artemis (Greek), Diana (Roman), Astarte (Middle Eastern), Aphrodite (Greek), Venus (Roman), Freyja (Norwegian). Krishna (a Hindu God) is also associated with Apatite.
Magickal correspondences: Stimulates creativity, self expression and all matters of the mind, cognition, intellect and memory. Apatite aids in communication, public speaking, manifestation, past life work, future self work, service and humanitarian work, healing, teaching, intuition, development/strengthening of psychic abilities, spiritual awareness and growth, boosts motivation and determination, balances all chakras, pulls negativity away from a person or space, calms hyperactivity, soothes irritability, frustration and clears confusion. Apatite can also empower you to connect with your Higher Self, higher dimensions, the Akashic Records, other worlds and higher beings such as Deities, Angels, Ascended Masters, Spirit Guides and more. If you’re looking to do magickal work to aid you in trauma recovery, shadow work, overcoming apathy, deep sadness and anger, Apatite is a great gemstone to use. Meditation and altered states of consciousness may be more easily attained with the help of this stone. If you are experiencing an imbalance of Yin and Yang in your body (Feminine and Masculine) (and, most of us are) Apatite can aid you in balancing them.
Body Systems/ Medical and Psychiatric Conditions this stone may benefit: Skeletal system, endocrine system and nervous system, calcium processes in the body, Trauma recovery, depression, ADHD, anxiety, arthritis, Alzheimer's and other conditions causing memory impairment, issues concerning glands, distressing processing and other issues most people with autism deal with at some point, strengthen brittle nails and aid the nails in healing from other issues and tooth health. Apatite is also said to be a powerful gemstone for working with the body’s meridians. If you are experiencing illness due to an imbalance of Yin and Yang, Apatite may help you get to the bottom of the causes of these imbalances and aid you in bringing them into balance.
*Please don’t ever substitute medical attention from a qualified health professional with witchy/spiritual work. While our spiritual and magickal workings are powerful and effective we should never neglect medical attention or modern science. I am in no way giving you medical advice. I am a health care provider, however, I am NOT a medical doctor so I am not qualified to diagnose or treat.
Primary elemental power flow: Air. Some sources also state Water.
Astrological signs: Gemini and Aquarius.
Celestial Bodies: Mercury.
Herbs, Flowers, Trees & Oils: I had a difficult time locating information for this section. I will update it as soon as I locate the information. Thank you for being so understanding!
Numerical vibration: 9.
Chakra(s): Vishuddha, the Throat energy center (5th of the main 7). Apatite can also help clear blockages of Muladhara, the Root Chakra (1st of the main 7) and balance all chakras.
Ideas on how to use Apatite in your practice:
- Wear Apatite in jewelry or on your body (in a pocket perhaps) to aid you in your magickal workings that correspond to Apatite’s energies. As an example, you can empower a piece of Apatite during a ritual to aid a loved one who has a memory problem and after the ritual, give the necklace to the loved one to wear the magick. (Of course, in most cases ask the person first if they’re okay with it).
- Hold or wear Apatite while meditating, astral traveling or working to attain other altered states of consciousness.
- Carry in your pocket or wear as jewelry while giving a speech or teaching.
- Sleep with a piece under your pillow, bed or near the head of the bed to aid you in sleep/dream work.
- Use during chakra work to balance all of your energy centers.
- Have on you during an important conversation that may be emotionally charged to help everyone remain grounded, focused on solutions while avoiding emotional thinking and emotional based decisions vs. logic.
- Use in a ritual bath to enhance your psychic abilities and then wear or carry the stone(s) afterward to continue the effects.
This has been Cillian, as always, at your service.
- “The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals” by Judy Hall.
- https://crystalstones.com/blue-apatite/ (Main picture)